Constitution and By-Laws (PDF, 916kb)
- To study the teachings of Dr. Jose Rizal;
- To inculcate and propagat6 them in and among all classes of the Filipino people, and by words and deeds to exhort our citizenry to emulate and practice the example and teachings of our national hero.
- To promote among the associated knights the spirit of patriotism and Rizalian chivalry;
- To develop a perfect union among the Filipinos in rever-ing the memory of Dr. Jose Rizal; and
- To organize and hold programs commemorative of Rizal’s and martyrdom.
- To study to spread the ideals, teachings and exemplary life of Dr. Rizal especially to the youth of the land;
- To organize chapters in all provinces and to undertake such programs of activities which will promote individual commitment to the ideals of Rizal and encourage personal involvement in the contemporary problems of the nation;
- To train and develop the Filipino youth in character building citizenship training, democratic leadership, enlightened nationalism and dedicated service to country and people.
Code of Ethics
- Loves his country and people;
- Promotes international understanding among peoples and nations;
- Venerates the memory of the nationâ€™s heroes by making their ideals his own;
- Values honor as he values his life;
- Strives to do justice to all his fellow men;
- Finds meaning and purpose in life;
- Upholds freedom at all costs;
- Maintains a tolerant & understanding attitude towards his fellow men;
- Believes in the value of education essential to the formation of the character of men;
- Promotes social justice and general welfare;
- Is industrious, self-reliant, persevering and conscious of the plight of the less fortunate
R i z a l i a n O a t h
I do solemnly promise upon my word of honor that:
- I shall seriously study the teachings of Rizal, and endeavor to put them into practice alwaysd keeping in mind the Orderâ€™s motto â€œNON OMNIS MORIARâ€ (not everything in me will die!);
- I shall work for a perfect union among the members of my community;
- I shall do no wrong and shall protect and defend my fellowmen against all violence and injustice;
- I shall endeavor, as far as possible, to extend assistance to my brother Knights, and fellowmen to enhance their programs, and promote their welfare, and;
- I shall uphold and obey strictly the by-laws of the Order and its rules and regulations.
Every member of the Order must be familiar with the objectives of the Knights of Rizal. Knowing the objectives of the Order provides a sense of direction for every member. Ad mission to the Order is not merely a ceremonial rite. It implies duties and responsibilities.
Every member has a mission to fulfill – “to study the teachings of Dr. Jose Rizal, and to inculcate and propagate them among all classes of the Filipino people” and others who would want to follow his teachings and examples. Rizal himself said -“God has not made anythin6 useless in this world, as all beings fulfill or fill a role in this sublime drama of creation, I cannot exempt-myself from this duty, and however small, 1, too, have a mission to fulfill -as, for example, alleviating the sufferings of my people.
THE KNIGHTS OF RIZAL: AN ORGANIZATION
The Order of the Knights of Rizal is a civic and patriotic organization recognized by law as an instrumentality by which the teachings of our national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal ‘may be propagated among the Filipino people, and others who may believe in his teachings to the end that they may emulate and follow his examples.
Aside from its being a civic and patriotic organization it is also cultural, non-sectarian, non-partisan and- non-racial.